Saturday, May 28, 2011

Easter Bunny 2011

The Saturday before Easter a nearby park held an Easter Egg Hunt for all ages...for FREE!  (Apparently the city/state does have a budget for this).  Anyway, Daddy was at work so Grant and I drove down to the park...along with half of Temecula!!  Whoa, it was packed!  But everyone was in a festive mood and the weather was freaking beautiful!  It was actually well organized.  Laid out on a soccer field was five or so sectioned off areas, full of candy and toys.  Each grid was a designated age group...1-2year olds, 3-4year olds, 5-7...etc.  There was a DJ/announcer playing music and communicating rules (parents can guide the little ones to the candy, but cannot put the candy/toy's in the basket, etc.). The Easter Bunny was there and Grant's favorite...a jumpy house!

For some reason everyone was staking out their space on the perimeter of their kids 'grid'...or in line to see the Easter Bunny...but only two other kids were playing in the bouncy house...which was awesome! So Grant played in there with the other kids for a good 20mins.  Having a ball!


The DJ announced that the hunt was going to start in 2minutes...so we left the bouncy house and head to 'our grid'...but on our way I noticed that everyone that was in line to see the Easter Bunny left and was now standing in their grid...'shoot, this is freaking perfect!' I thought.  So we walked towards Mr. Easter Bunny, somewhat hesitantly (I wasn't sure how Grant was going to react), but Grant was so excited he ran to him as soon as he saw where we were headed.  I put him on the Bunny's lap and instantly Grant started to smile and laugh, he thought it was a big stuffed animal that moved (or something like that.  Maybe he thought it was a big fluffy chair, like his "Elmo chair", but bigger)!  He was so freaking excited just kept on giggling! At this age I thought most kids were afraid of the Easter Bunny...maybe next year he will be, who the frick knows!


Chillin' with his buddy!  Even the Bunny was surprised I think, he was ready for Grant to be afraid of him too.  Grant could have sat there all day!  Had to pry him off!

So this whole time I was thinking the Easter Egg Hunt was going to be his favorite part...yeah not so much.  He had his first Easter Egg Hunt at Grandmama's the week prior, when he and his cousins did a mini-egg hunt in Gmama's backyard (where he learned that there is supposed to be chocolate in the plastic eggs).
"I found an egg!  But no chocolate!!!  Dang it all!"
"I don't get it...why is everyone so excited?  Guys there isn't any chocolate in the eggs!"
Needless to say, I had to help him gather some goodies (I know against the rules!  But I was getting kinda hungry and there were circus cookies...and other fun stuff.).  One of which was a pair of bunny ears...
Which he did loved!  But at the end of the event, the Easter Bunny was without a doubt his favorite!

Sidenote:  In the same neighborhood that the park was in, they were having their annual community garage sale too!  It was nuts!!  And it took everything in me not to go shopping!  ; )  Pretty smart HOA though, got to give them credit! 

No comments: