...just tell Daddy it isn't 'yuck'. "Yuck" as in something that Grant shouldn't pickup, let alone put in (or near) his mouth, according to my loving, most wonderful husband in the whole wide world. Whose not exactly a 'germaphobe', but rather not a fan of potentially bug(microscopic or otherwise) infested 'treasures' that our son finds...anywhere and everywhere.
Back to the found feather...I am really not sure who was more excited me (lover of all birds, minus the annoying ones that wake you up at dawn. Sidenote: Love...love is when your husband gets out of bed (or the shower) to throw a rock at an annoying bird who seems to be warning fat and juicy worms, at the crack of freaking dawn...right next to my window (dumb bird, there are no worms in my house!), that he, the mighty 'tweet-tweet' is comin for them...at the top of his chirp ('voice' didn't seem right here)! After the rock is thrown the bird goes hunting, Eric hops in the shower (or finishes getting ready) and I get another hour of sleep! I love my man! Oh yeah, and birds and feathers!) or Grant. Hawks are one of my favorite, I just love the way they soar and they of course remind of all the good times growing up in V.C., where we would find feathers all the time, just like the one we found here ; ) so cool!
Grant didn't really know what to think of it, most feathers he's played with have been purple or pink (thanks to Auntie Rach and Mardi Gras masks), so I don't think he realized it was a feather, let alone that it came from a bird...but like most things he played with it (aka tried to destroy it) for a long time and carried it around for a good hour. That's my boy!!
"Look momma, a feather!"
Typical Grant fashion..."Tickle-tickle-tickle"!
Sealed with a kiss! Not sure why he kissed it...maybe it reminded him of his blankie.
**Disclaimer to above mentioned non-germaphobe: Yes my darling, I thoroughly washed and sanitized this feather prior to taking these pictures.



2 comments:
I love your sidenote at the end. It totally made me laugh! Yay for you starting a blog. I am so excited and really enjoy reading it. :)
ha ha i didn't even see the disclaimer until i read heather's comment and had to look again. Then i breathed a sigh of relief because apparently i'm in the same category as my bro and seeing grant rub his face all over that who knows where its been or what kind of diseases it has on it feather kinda gave me the shivers. I love how in love he is with it! Love his grin. Wish i could pick him up and squeeze him tight.
Post a Comment