Grant and I left on Saturday the 22nd (October...I'm a month behind in my blogging)...for some crazy reason I figured we would go up first and then Eric would meet us up there after a week. In the weeks leading up to the trip I was dreading it! Eric and I have never been away from each other for longer than a few days...so 7 days seemed liked forever!! So though, I was totally looking forward to the trip and seeing family and letting the cousins initiate Grant into the "Ewer Family Circus"....I was already missing my man. Once we got up there (and the airport/security screening and flight was totally painless), it wasn't sooooo bad. I mean I still missed Eric, but we kept so busy it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
Grant and I flew out of Orange County airport, for the first time ever (Alaska was running a good deal flying out of the OC, vs. Ontario). I was super nervous about getting through security...but the TSA people were super nice and helpful (believe it or not!). Once we got on the plane Grant and I sat next to a "Gramma", who was just leaving her two year old Granddaughter...so she was super excited to sit with us (well, "super" may be an exaggeration). Could not have asked for a better flight...Grant played, watched "TB" and looked out the window...he was perfect...until I had to turn the 'TB' and tell him to sit down (which meant he couldn't look out the window) for the approach. He lost it for about 30 seconds and then composed himself (or maybe I threatened his life if he didn't stop crying...can't quite remember ; ) ). Of course the "Gramma" next to us was like, "Oh poor baby his ears must be hurting him!"...to which I said, "oh yeah, probably"... ; )
Saturday: Spent the whole day with Michele, the boys and Daddio...then Saturday night we took Michele's car and spent the night at Gramma's....and stayed up way to late chatting it up with Mom. ; )
Sunday: Mom had a 'party' at their house and so Grant got to see Gramps Durrett, "Gee Gee" and Great Uncle Taylor...it was weird for all of us not to have Eric there...we all kept thinking he was going to walk in the door at any moment. : ( (Once again like little teenagers (or wives with husbands out of town (Randy was at a softball tourney) Mom and I stayed up way past midnight! Honestly, those two late nights were some of the highest 'highlights' of the week for me....it was just fun hanging out and having my mom (technically MIL) all to myself. And lucky for me, Gramma slept with the monitor that night, so I got to sleep in!! (Besides, my 'little punk' would call for Gramma to get him out of bed in the morning anyway..."momma who?").)
Monday: Had a great day with Gramma and Grandpa Randy...we did TWO things I had NEVER done in Oregon but do all the time down here...(I asked Eric what he thought they were and he said "Thrift Store shopping and Ross/Marshalls shopping"...I was like, "no things I do ALL the TIME' and he was like...'yeah...'. Bloody hell!). We went to two parks and I went for a walk! Believe it or not the weather was DRY and not too cold! Couldn't believe it!! Both the parks and the walk were awesome. One park had a huge sand pit with a bunch of tractors and dump trucks! Of course that was Grant's favorite part...my favorite part was picking fresh blackberries off vines that surrounded the park...no need to pack a snack bag...there's free fresh fruit at parks in Oregon (those I have to admit, Grant and I were the only two picking...the 'locals' weren't as excited as us)!!!
Tuesday-Friday: Headed back over to the Ewer's house for more cousin/sister fun! Michele and I were both pretty excited to be 'sister wives' for a week...just having that extra set of hands to help...or stay home with kids while the other runs errands, etc. It was awesome! We did a bunch of chores...and we even got to relax a bit too! Some of the highlights were: Grant got to go to Awana's for the first time ever, I took Ian to 'sports class' where he learned about baseball! (and I have to say he was the best hitter there! I was so proud!), I got a new recipe book full of michele's favorites, got tons of 'snuggle time' with Joey, we took a trip to "pump-it-up" and had a freaking BLAST wrestling with the boys (even after joey and Grant head-butted eachother on accident), went to a pumpkin patch and rode on a train and a boat (grant almost got abducted by a little old lady who was 'gathering' up kids which she thought, belonged to some pre-school class she was with and took Grant's hand and walked him like 20 yards away from us...(I wasn't worried because she had to get on a boat or a train to 'escape' with him, on the other hand Joey, who was standing right next to Grant, was totally freaking out inside. Poor kid thought someone was taking his 'Granty'.), Uncle Joe cut Grant's hair, Grant got to put his 'mark' on the Ewer family painting, what else...we did a ton of stuff and had such a great time, every night Grant was beat and couldn't wait to go to bed (well, mostly)!
| Joey's 'Happy Place" (On a train) |
| Ian's "Happy Place"...with his favorite California Aunt! |
| "Grant's Happy Place" |
Friday and Saturday: Friday night it finally rained...it hadn't rained the whole week, then on my way to Mom's house it started pouring! (well what I consider pouring at least). Saturday finally came and Grant and I headed to the airport! Mom had given my a bunch of make-up and make-up brushes so I got to get all 'dolled-up' to pick up my darling (thanks mom!). Unbelievably, we made it to the airport on time and was there before Daddy walked out. Grant was super excited to see his Daddy and I think happy to have his little family back together...he kept on pulling us all together with hugs...it was really cute. After the airport we went to Gramma Bonnie's and Grandpa Don's...we hung out there for a few hours which was totally fun! and Grant actually took a nap on Eric's lap while the guys watched football (which was perfect because he needed a nap!). After leaving the Fearing's we went to another pumpkin patch with Daddio/Ol' Man and got to see a ton of animals and play in a jumpy-house! Then off to Daddio's house to see more animals and have dinner. Then back to Mom's house for bed! Full fun day!!
Sunday: Loaded all the stuff in the car, kissed Gramma/Grandpa Randy goodbye and headed to G and G Millers' house for brunch. Michele/Joe and kids and Ryan/Molly and kid came too! Though by the amount of food there, you would have thought there were way more people coming!! We all got to meet Brock for the first time, super cute little guy and the cousins were happy to see eachother again and catch-up. We left there and headed to the Ewer's for naps...that didn't work out so swell, Grant fell asleep in the car immediately and we tried to transfer him to his bed...but he saw he was at his cousins house and pretty much wanted nothing to do with sleeping...which normally would be fine, accept we had a Harvest Festival to go to that night and really wanted the kids to get a good nap in before we headed to it...well Ian and Oliver got one at least ; )
Harvest Festival...So much freaking fun!! Mom came too, which was awesome! The boys dressed up in their costumes...according to Joey: "The blue eyed boys are going to be Spiderman and the red haired boys are going to be pirates"...they were all so stinking cute!! We all had a great time!! Jumpy houses and slides...fishing games...CANDY...crafts...CANDY...music...CANDY...you get the idea ; )
| Oh yeah, Joey and Uncle Eric tried to catch a squirrel...got close a couple times. : ) |
Thank you Oregon Family, for sharing your food, homes, cars, coats and kids with us and making us feel right at home!!
(One of these days I will learn to write shorter blogs...like..."Went to Oregon for a week and a half, had a great time! Here are the pictures to prove it. Thanks Family for your hospitality!! XOXO.
But nooooo, I have to give a freaking "play by play"...clearly I have too much time on my hands...again another bonus of having an only child.)
1 comment:
That was fun for this old lady. loved reading it all. maryann
Post a Comment