Saturday, July 21, 2012

2nd Annual Summer Cabin Trip





It is officially a tradition ; )  After the school year Heath, myself and the kids take the five-ish hour drive up to Sita and Fopa's cabinet.  I think it is what gets Heath though the final weeks of school!


This year like last year, the boys came up for the second half of the trip...which is always super fun!  Unfortunately, my parents weren't able to make it up this year...and boy were they missed!  ; )


Before the boys came up, Heath and I had a perfect schedule...get the kids up 8ish, give them milky 8:15ish, playtime til 9:30, feed them breakfast, make lunch (or prepare for easy 'making' later), then out of the house by 10:30 (we found out real quick that there is such a thing as 'cabin fever'...the kids couldn't wait to get outside (shoot, neither could we!)), exercise time (heath and I always want to workout and eat healthy everyday during the Cabin Trip, it just makes us feel better).  During exercise time, the kids would play in the tennis courts or on their 'rock-et-ships' (small to medium sized boulders underneath our 'yoga studio'), they were sooooo good during this time, again just wanted to get outside and explore.  Sometimes they would exercise too:






Pool time 12ish, lunch in the pool around 1ish, naptime 2ish (sometimes I would take a nap too!!  Naps in the hammock are amazing...weightless sleeping!  Until the sprinklers come on...then not so fun.)..  Usually while kids were napping we would prepare dinner.  Kids up by 4:30, evening hike/exploration until 5:30-6ish, dinner 6-7ish, bathtime 7ish....Okay, I admit it I have a problem...but I love baby's and bathtime pictures!!  
Bathtime was a highlight!

Sticking out their tongues ; )

Yes my signature photo...Rachel's look is like, "you call that a bummer (putka)"!?!

Then, TV time or book time and milky 8ish, bedtime 8:30.  The kids were beat every night!  Then Heath and I would hang out and talk, play scrabble on our phones with each other, and inevitably I would fall asleep by 10 (okay maybe earlier than that...).


The guys (Eric, Daddio and Tim) came up Wednesday night...we all stayed up late that night (yes even preggo!).  Once the guys were there it was harder to keep to the 'schedule' but we did pretty good...the kids were excited to have their Daddy's there, both kids had been asking where they were...super cute.


We played poker at night...and stayed up way too late! (well, I didn't...I was in bed by 10ish most nights...but the rest of the party animals...crazy kids!).


On Friday we did the usual and while the kids were sleeping, Eric held a weapons training class for all interested...all accept Heath partook (she took or tried to, a nap), it was a blast!


On Saturday we went to Kings Canyon National Park for a little hiking and to show Grant his "Tree".  We all had a blast, it was perfect weather and the 'hike' was just the right length for our three year olds.    


In the entrance of the Tree Tunnel!

Of course he has to go higher...


Three Gen of Fearing's 
"Look at the Caterpillar!"

I know I took a better picture...but it must have been taken with Heath's camera...Heath looks cute at least ; )


Here are some other shots we took on the last day:


Trying to re-create last year's photo
Last years picture...











We were there for about a week...and it really flew by!  We may stay up longer next time...especially now that we are getting so good at it!  Though next year will be a bit different with the addition of Seymour...but still totally doable!!  Right Heath?  ; )


Thanks to Mammasita and Pops for letting us use the cabin, it was awesome!

1 comment:

J&I&O's mommy said...

Dude Grant nice downward dog movin' into plank!

Joe saw the picture of Grant and "his" tree, and exclaimed that he had some seriously buff calves. But he comes from a line of men with chicken legs so the Fearing brawn always gives him a chuckle.

The cabin and all the nature surrounding it sounds so relaxing, love all the pics, especially the one on the stairs with ol man. What a good idea! Except the sucky part in which we watch him grow by leaps and bounds at a way too rapid pace. Miss you guys, please come hike with us here. Seymour needs some Oregon oxygen.