At 3 years old he...
Loves playing playdoh
His favorite person is probably Audu (and the feeling is pretty mutual, they are adorable together...mostly ;O! They do tend to get in a lot of trouble when they are together...but I still think it's cute!)
He is the closest to being a 'momma's boy' then he ever has been...I've gotten more cuddle time in the last couple months than the two years! In the last three month's he pretends that he is a baby and wants me to hold him like a baby.
His favorite song is "twinkle twinkle little star"...and sometimes he'll start singing the "ABC's" and half way through switch to "Twinkle Twinkle..."
Counting, he can usually count to ten...but he counts best when going up and downstairs. One time he was going down the stairs at my parents house and he started counting...he counted all the way to eleven...I didn't even know he knew eleven! My brother was there and I was like, "did he just count to eleven?"..."yep!"
He finally realized that his pointer finger isn't his thumb...Grant sucks his pointer finger, because he saw his cousin suck her thumb and he thought it was her finger. When playing 'chase', he'll sick his pointers in his ears and wiggle the rest of his hand and say, "nah, nah, you can't get me'. Same with sticking his tough out and waggling his fingers at someone (his aunt taught him this one), but he'll still put his finger on his nose rather than his thumb. "Thumbs up!"...looks like "Number One!"...but now he has slowly fixed this and can pretty much do all of these things correctly. Seeing him trying to figure it out was like watching him 'find his hands' when he was a few months old...the look was almost the same on his face, looking down on his hands trying to control those blasted thumbs!
He loves all animals. In fact I caught him playing with a snake (a real one) at a park the other day. I almost had a freaking heart attach. He (of course) was exploring a hillside, rather than playing on the play equipment. I was right there with him, no more than five feet away, I was on the phone with my sister and I look up and he has a freaking baby snake on a stick and was watching it wrap itself around the stick. I think it was a gopher snake, but it was a baby and it's hard to tell from five feet away...the upside to this, if it had bitten him, the park is literally in the same parking lot as a fire station, so all would have been fine it it was a rattle snake. Freaking kid!
Swimming (with life vest) and snorkeling (with or without flotation device) is for sure one of his favorite past-times. It started with him trying to snorkel with flexy straw and the next week Daddy bought him a super nice mask, flippers and snorkel kit...and ever since, he's hooked! He loves jumping in the pool and the lake...he is living up to his last name nickname..."Fearless".
He recently had his first soda (and frosty, all in one trip!!). He wasn't sure how to feel about it...
He is still happiest outside...though if he could he'd watch TV all day, everyday! He goes to "Exercise School" (Gym daycare) and loves playing with his friends...and watching TV!
He likes to play, "1-2-3-4" (hide n' seek). He'll look at me and say, "momma, you count '1-2-3-4'" and then he'll run and hide...usually in the same place every time.
As I type this I'm watching him cask a fishing pole, for the first time. Eric taught him a couple hours ago and he didn't get it...but I guess now (a couple hours later) it clicked.
Problem solver...his problem solving skills impress me on a daily basis. And when he solves a problem he'll be so proud of himself! Every once in awhile he will ask me for help and I will encourage him to figure it out and sure enough he does.
Eric/Bo/Luke has is super duper ticklish (as well is Grant, even when he was a newborn I would gently rub his back and he would squirm under my hand, because it tickled him) and he has asked me to teach my ability to control my 'ticklishness' to Grant. So a few months ago I started 'tickling his back' (which is one of my favorite things), I told him that I wanted to give him goosebumps. It took a couple month of 'training' but now when I start tickling his back, he'll lift his shirt so I can get his whole back...he's come to the dark side and Daddy couldn't be prouder (aka jealous, as he's had years of training and he still squirms when I give him goosebumps!).
He will both play with kids and by himself...no real preference...unless the person is Audu of course then no question he will choose her ; )
Last one...when he is stuck inside the house, this is his favorite thing to do...he calls it 'yocking (he pronounces L's as Y's) momma up'. He takes bungie cords and tie down straps and makes a spider web looking thing in my kitchen...and he giggles the whole time!
Ton more of course...but this blog is super long.
Here are pictures from his birthday party...we borrowed a jumpy jumpy house. My parents' friends have a jumpy jump house and they offered it to Grant for his party. So we gave him the option of having a mud party or having a jumpy house party...and to my extreme disappointment he chose Jumpy house...I was so ready to have another mud-party! No go. Well there is always next year!!
| Eric did a Dinosaur Train cake this year vs Thomas |
| Audu, helping her buddy blow out the candles. Or waiting for her turn. ; ) |
Oregon Gramma and Grandpa Randy (or should I say Santa and Mrs. Claus) came down to visit to for Grant's Bday...here are a few pictures:
| If I hold onto Gramma-Oregon super tight she won't be able to get on the airplane |
Happy Birthday my little man...we love you and love the little boy you are turning into. Keep growing...but not too fast k?
No comments:
Post a Comment