Thursday, July 7, 2011

Grant's Actual Birthday...

Oh to be an only child...
Even though we had the Mud Party planned, I wanted to take Grant to "Pump it up" for his actual birthday...for two reasons: 1. It's is his most favorite place in the whole wide world and 2. Because it is free for babies under two years old...figured I would get in one more free trip ; )

Let's start from the top...cuz that's just what I do...scroll down if you just want to look at pics ; )

I woke up thinking, "I can't believe my baby is two...we are going to have a fun freaking day today and I am going to cherish his last day as a baby ; )". (Sidenote: I have found myself drifting down the path of...I don't know how to put it other than, I just wasn't being a Fun Mom for the last couple of months, kinda just going through the motions and routine. Rather than appreciating and enjoying every bit...I guess the simplest way to put it is, I was just saying "no" more than "yes"...and it was begining to wear on us. We (both of us, maybe all three of us) needed to laugh and play and say YES!).

Having this fresh in my mind I go into Grant's room and find that he is awake and playing in his crib...with his freaking diaper off(this is a first...as if he knew he turned two)!! (Thankfully it wasn't a messy diaper). So I did't make a big deal out of it, just comment that it is off and go to get clothes out of his dresser when I hear a little psss'ing sound...and what comes out of my freaking mouth!! "NO Grant, you don't go poddy in your bed, you go in the big boy poddy (which he knows...and the look on his cute little face proved to me that he knew too)..." Dang it all!! Not even 5 mins have passed since my self-'Pep Talk' and here I am saying "No"...then it hits me...my sweet baby is TWO!!! I might as well get used to it ; ) Maybe I'll start saying the German word for "No"...just for fun and for a change of pace. ; )

We got dressed, shovelled the usual breakfast down and headed to "Pump It Up" (or "jumpy-Jump" as Grant calls it). "Pump it Up" is a jumpy house mecca! Just image two huge warehouses full of jumpy: Basketball courts, houses, slides, boxing rings, gauntlets and combos of all those in one jumpy-jump of death! And Grant loves them all! Today he is the youngest kid there (well the youngest kid participating in the craziness)...and all the mom's there thing I am insane for letting my baby climb and jump himself into complete hysteria...but there is no stopping him (besides he's two now...well he will be "officially" in a two hours (as I told the lady at the front desk...last free trip to "jumpy-jump"))...let alone me, I just may love this place more than Grant!! : ) I tried taking pictures, but it's super hard, one, because I do have to watch out for flying kids and two because Grant moves so fast and doesn't stop for nothing... 


Here are some...best I could get, under the "jumpy-jumpy" conditions ; ) 




In this particular jumpy maze thing, Grant can't quite reach the top to pull himself over...so he uses the side then jumps for the top and climbs over (it's so freaking cute and he figured it out all by himself!  Freaking monkey!  I'm such a proud Momma!).  Check it out for yourself:

And of course to really capture his pure enjoyment a few videos:  


It was time for the Jumpy's to go to bed (they let all the air out of the jumpy's and we say 'nite nite' to them)...basically it's the only way Grant (and a few other kiddo's) will get off of the jumpy-jumps and stop jumping.  We had a great time, my stomach hurts from laughing so much and we are both totally sweating!  And the best part was, I didn't have to say "no" or "Nin" once!!  I can't wait to go back...um, I mean Grant can't wait to go back!!  LOL!! 

We got home from Jumpy-jump and put Grant to bed ; )  I was doing chores and there was a knock at the door...and to my freaking surprise, my parents sent me flowers for my kid's birthday!  They sent them saying that I was a great Mom to a great two year old....not only that but sent me the most touching poem written just for me and totally made me cry.  Whose birthday is it anyway?

-------Here is the Poem, by request:
Beck is her NAME
Family is her GAME
She works it like a PRO
Not like any ordinary JOE
She does all things SNAPPY
Which makes us all HAPPY
Whatever it takes she'll DO
Because we are her CREW
She is the mother of GRANT
All day she makes his little heart PANT
She fills him with LOVE
That fits just like a GLOVE
There is no time to MOPE
Her life is like jumping ROPE
So here is some additional POWER
We give to you in the form of a FLOWER
Love
MOM and DAD
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Grant still in Jumpy Dreamland, I decide to wash my car...and while I'm outside my neighbor comes out and gives me a huge bouque of dasies!  (A week or so before, I cut a ton of roses and gave her a vase full.  So she returned my vase with it full of dasies!).  So that was two flower deliveries on one day!!  And it wasn't even my birthday!!  

For our last birthday event for the day we Skype'd Oregon Gramma and Grandpa and talked to Gramps and Gramma Betty on the phone!  And opened a ton of presents from them too!!  Grant of coursed loved seeing his Gramma and Grandpa...and Marlee too ; )


All in all a great second birthday for me (oh, and Grant)!  ; ) 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Little Monkey huh? Sounds just like a Duplan. You all were little monkey's. Becky....just so you know I just love you and your family. Thanks that was a fun read. love auntie m

Tim and Heather said...

I can't get the videos to work. I am not sure if it is my computer or not...we definitely need to go there with you sometime.

Anonymous said...

I was lucky enough to be off on a tuesday morning and go to jumpy jumpy with the little monkey. Kid had crazy fun! Ok, I'll admit I had just about as much fun as be did. :)
Daddy

J&I&O's mommy said...

Wow, i didn't know they had Jumpy Jumps in California! We have one in Beaverton and a Pump it Up Jr. closer to our house, which is specifically for kids 6 & under only. We've only been there once for a birthday party.

Ummm, you have Grant potty-trained before the age of two? I've gotta hear more about that.

Where's the poem your parents wrote? I want to read it:-)

The videos aren't working for me either:-(