So, Grant got freaking Roseola. And supposedly once you get it...you don't get it again (kinda like chicken-pox), so I can check it off the list of nasty childhood sicknesses!
In total the sickness lasted about a week. The first few days he had just low grade fever (100-101), Grant is a champ when he is sick (I'd like to think he gets that from me ; ) )...pretty much acts the same, he just moves a bit slower and cuddles a bit more (both of which equal a nice break for me ; )...less toys to clean up and less cleaning/chores cuz I got a 'Cling-on' on my hip...now if I had more than one kid, maybe not so nice).
Then on day three/four he woke up with like a 103.6, he slept in pretty late and was just laying in bed kinda whimpering for me. Poor little guy. I was able to work the fever down to 102 pretty quick, but he felt pretty crummy all day. (At this point I'm pretty sure Dr. Bo, was leaning towards taking Grant to the Doctor (I could just see it in his eyes and read it 'between the lines' in his texts)). But here's where I was at...the only symptom Grant had was a fever...well that and just a slight case of diarrhea and puffy eyes (both of which where only noticeable by people that see/change is diaper Grant everyday). Anyway, I just hate bringing him to the Doctor, just for them to say one of two things: 1. "Um yeah, there is nothing we can do...now give me $150. Oh and watch out, cuz one of the kids in the waiting room has "Dread-Gum-Bu" and it's super contagious" or 2. "Um yeah, no idea what Grant has, but lets give him some antibiotics, run some blood work, take a stool sample, maybe an x-ray or two and go from there". I really just wanted to wait it out...keep his fever in the low 100's and see what happened.
Well on the fifth day this happened:
Grant had no idea that he had a rash until our neighbor started freaking out about it..."Oh my gosh Becky, look at his rash (holding up Grant's shirt)!! and his puffy eyes (she see's him everyday), you need to take him to the doctor!!". For the next two day's Grant would lift up his shirt and show everyone his 'rash'...anything for just a little more attention ; )
For the record, in case CPS is reading this blog (haha), I did research Grant's symptoms on the internet and was in contact with both of my Mom's for the whole week. Grant was in good hands ; )
To the experienced Mom's reading my blog...(all four of you), what is the next sickness I have to look forward too?
(PS: Dr. Bo...thank you for trusting me and for keeping me in check...we make a great team!)
2 comments:
Roseola, cool! Now grant and joey have something else in common. Wish i would have know he had a fever with no other symptoms, that would have been my first thought. If you go waaaaay back in my old blog, i wrote about it with joey. I think he was around 11 months when he got it. Love you, you're a perfect mommy!
I just looked it up, i wrote it on May 2, 2007. And you're in good company, i didn't take him to the doctor til the fifth day as well. ;O
Post a Comment