Thursday, September 8, 2011

Weekend with Gramma and Grandpa

Eric's (Bo/Luke/Daddy's) Mom and Step-dad came down to visit for a few days...of course because it was our anniversary weekend, we had to 'anniversary' the HEAT from that blessed day too!  Over 100 degrees is bad enough for us So Cal'ers...but for Oregonians...it is torture!  (Pretty much they (read Randy) got me back for all the times I pointed out (aka: complained) about how freaking cold it was up there...(I now have a proper winter coat and boots that I live in while visiting the Northwest...indoors and out! and don't complain half as much as I used to!) by pointing out how hot it was at every opportunity...yet, remarkably it was too hot to walk from point A to point B, but NOT hot enough to go golfing...interesting. ; )

We started the weekend off with Christmas number #3...Gramma always brings a suitcase (litterally) filled with toys and clothes for Grant...it is crazy!  So Grant had a great time getting new toys!  Thanks Gramma and Grandpa!!  ; ) 

The next morning we hung around the house, catching up and trying to stay cool.  The my man and I hit the road...leaving the parents and kid at home!  (Though I'm not going to lie...I was trying to think of a way to bring him along!  But I know Gramma wasn't going to let that happen!!)


Our getaway was for about 24hours too!  We had a brainstorm...where could it be possibly be hotter than it was here?...PALM SPRINGS of course!  Where it was over 110 most of the day and in the 90's at night!  (What the heck were we thinking??  Clearly we weren't).  We had a blast anyway, got a cabana by the pool...(Grant wasn't around so we had to take pics of ourselves...)






 We chatted it up most of the day, around 4pm we took a break from the sun and went and got pedicures (yes, Eric (Bo/Luke/Daddy) too, though he didn't get any polish. And he LOVED every minute of it). Proof...






After that back to the pool to show off my new toes. Then around 7-8ish went back to room to get ready for dinner...where I (and Eric (Bo/Luke/Daddy)) couldn't decide what I should wear (I don't get out much, so dressing up is a treat for both of us), so I tucked a little black dress in my purse along with a matching necklace and halfway through dinner I went to the bathroom and changed!   (Sporting my second outfit...yeah, I'm pretty proud of myself...)



Eric (Bo/Luke/Daddy) knew it was comming, but it was still super fun to switch it up!  After dinner we went for a walk to find dancing, found a place stayed for awhile and finally headed back to the hotel.
(Sidenote for memory sake: I gave Eric (Bo/Luke/Daddy) a super cuter Michael Kohrs watch and he is building me a garden patch in my back'yard', which I am super excited about!!)


Once we got back from PS, we joined a party going on in our backyard.  My whole family was there hanging out with my neighbors getting ready to have a 'wennie roast'/'S'mores party.




The next day the guys (sans Grant Grant) golfed and we stayed inside...then in the afternoon we went to a local 'water park'...a kids play park with water features (different than where Grant and G & G went while we were in Palm Springs).  It was fun and with a little pushing (surprisingly) Grant had fun in the water...but of course his favorite part was climbing!  There was a rock wall (real/fake rock) that he was having a blast climbing on...and it was keeping G&G and Daddy very busy.  I was in charge of taking pictures...but silll Mommy brought a nice camera...with a dead battery!  So instead I just found a patch of shade and enjoyed the view!  ; )

The last night we played some cards (girls won!) and had a great time.

Sadly we took them to the airport the next day...short but fun trip for all.  Gramma was happy to get Grant Grant all to herself...where she could spoil him and laugh at his 'cuteness' without me saying, "mom, it's not funny or appropriate when he tells Grandpa
to 'stop it!' and stuff like that.  ; )


(The only picture I got of Grant and his Oregon Gramma...unbelievable. Better than nothing I guess.  Pretty sure Gramma got some pics though...hopefully!))
Can't wait to see them again in October!

No comments: