Totally into tunnels (thanks to our Oregon trip this Fall)...though he thinks bridges and caves are tunnels too. He even thinks this big bush in front of our house is a 'tunnel'. We play in it all the time...'Momma, come play in my tunnel!'. He loves it! (Only bummer part is that all the neighborhood dogs 'play' in Grant's tunnel too...so I always have to say, "Grant watch out for dog 'smellies').
Counting (or at least trying to). He's got...1 and 2 down, but usually counts like this...'1,2,4,6(pronounced six'd), 8, and then goes back to 2'. 2, 6 and 8 are his favorite numbers so far...even numbers...must be my boy!
ABC's...well...he likes singing the song and knows when to say P, S, X and "me" at the end (...next time won't you sing with ME!)...but all the letters in between are not really clear...which I love ; ) He does know a handful (10 maybe) letters by sight (aka: M, Mamma; D, Daddy/Dog; G, Grant/Gramma; F, Fopa; R, Baby/Auntie Rachel; H, Auntie Heather/Hiedi...), but usually the letter he says before the word is T or E maybe...very very rarely the actual letter. So he'll point to M and say "T, Momma...". I don't correct him...he'll figure it out ; )
I love this video...perfect example of 2 year old attention span! "ABCD..."SQUIRREL"!!"
Big boy bed + Tent, shortly after he made the transition Grant decided he wanted his tent on top of his bed. He wanted to sleep on his bed in his tent. We kept it this way for awhile, but recently changed it to a big cardboard house his Oregon Gramma sent him ; ) The house is way bigger and the poor little kid can actually stretch out all the way without his feet sticking out. ; ) He LOVES it! (I LOVE that it is out of my living room!! (it took up almost half of it!) ; )
| Tent. (This was one of those times he wasn't (but was) ready to go to bed...and was 'pushing it' buy putting one foot on the ground, but stayed 'in bed'. |
| original cardboard house daddy made |
Fishing (uncle dirty?). Grant fish's all the time...and water and fish are rarely involved. He'll put a ball in a ziplock and say, "look mom I caught a fish!"...stuff like that. However, when we go to the 'water park' where there is a lake with fish, he will grab a stick, squat and 'fish'. It's pretty much the cutest thing ever! ; )
Having "little boy" fun
He plays with his imagination almost as much as toys...we pretend eat, drink, create...you name it. He acts out a lot of details and surprises me on a daily basis. One example...our barstools in the kitchen are actually rocket ships...I have no idea why but to Grant they are. So he'll climb up on in and tell us he is on a rocket ship. He has added 'friends' to his play time too (poor kid needs some siblings!)...and when we ask him his 'friends' name's he just says 'friend'. I am fairly certain this is because he has not grasped the concept of who vs. what...however, Daddy thinks his creativity is lacking. ; ) Don't worry Daddy, he'll come up with some names soon.
"He's being 'shamey'". I got the word 'shamey' from my Grandmama...I like it better than saying bad. If I tell Grant he is being 'shamey'...he pretty much loses it, completely starts crying and is like, 'no Grant's a good boy', hiccuping the whole time from being called 'shamey'. Needless to say I don't call him that often... However, he calls little kids that are mis-behaving 'shamey' all the time. So say if we are shopping and he hears a kid start crying or whining, he looks at me with all seriousness and says, "'shamey!, that little boy is being 'shamey'". It's fine when he does it out of earshot of their parents, but he often does it in music class too...which is a small group, I am sure the Mom's in there have heard him call their daughter's 'shamey'. I'm not 100% sure why he is pointing it out...if it is because I need to give that little kid a spanking or if he wants me to know he know's or wants me to recognize he is being a good boy...but at least at this point it seams pretty harmless...but I think it may very well change. ; )
Shooting kisses...this is Daddy's solution to get him to blow kisses and to take advantage of him shooting everything/everyone anyway. He puts his little finger on his lips, kisses and shoots (and makes shooting sound). We take what we can get ; )
Growling...still, especially at little girls at the park. Not sure if he likes to hear them scream...or likes to chase them or all of the above. I think it is hilarious...not sure how the little girl's mom's feel about it ; )
What's your name? 9 times out of 10 if you ask Grant what his name is, he says..."I'm two! and puts his fingers up (he finally can do this without using the other hand to hold the other fingers down). So he can hold the correct number of fingers up (he used to just hold up one finger and say "I two", with all the pride in the world)...but unfortunately answers the wrong question...his little brain is working so hard. ; ) (Oh when he does say his name, thanks to Grandpa Randy...Grant says...Grant Lucas FEARING!...you can kind of make it out in this video).
Colors...bloody hell. I'm pretty sure he is just screwing with me...because sometimes (rare times) he will get every single color right with questioned. But more often than not everything is red...or yellow...or his favorite orange. Daddy is convinced that he is color blind ; ) (Update: since starting this post (it's takin me a long time to finish this) now he knows most of his colors...except red! Bloody hell I'm about to give up!! Who knows what it will be next week!
First "real" friend, Grant has his first real friend (non-family), we met him at Gymnastics class last summer and have been hanging out with him (and his mom) on and off since. His name is Vincent and Grant calls him 'Little Boy Vince'. They are pretty cute together. Vince has an older sister named Anna, which he calls, 'sister Anna' and honestly likes playing with her almost more than Vince. She is four and I think reminds him of his cousins ; )
Helping mommy...in this pic I am organizing my linen closet...Grant is helping me.
Playing dress up and claiming he has 'super powers' (pretty sure Daddy taught him that!)
Playing with Daddy...anywhere...anytime! His latest love is the McDonald's Playgrounds...could careless if he gets yummy french fries or not...just as long as he get to play 'tunnels'!! (On long (5hour+ roadtrips we always stop at a Mickey D's for playtime before bed...gets the 'wiggles' out of both Daddy and little boys).
Riding his bike...in or out of the house! Even at the park!!! (Of course that was after he 'played park' for a couple hours...but still that is crazy for my monkey!)
There is so much more...but I have to stop listing or I'll never post this and by the time I do it will be 'old news'.
No comments:
Post a Comment