Saturday, June 2, 2012

Leap Day 2012 (I know, it's May..June...I'm behind)

Leap Day is officially one of my new favorite holidays!  (Especially now that I am retired! As before I was working for free that day...now it's a FREE day!!)

I wanted to treat Leap Year Day as a day to do things I have never done before or just different than every other day...I think I got the idea from a 30 Rock episode, where on Leap Day you could do whatever you wanted and it didn't count!  Or it's just a "free day" to do whatever you want...

Days leading up to it was really trying to think of things that I wanted to do but haven't for whatever reason...it was harder than I thought.  So once the day came I was like, "I guess I'll just wing it!".
First change:  NO SCHEDULE

Grant and I got downstairs, planning to do what we normally do (milky/read book, play, breakfast)...when on the counter was a Starbucks coupon for a free Oatmeal and Drink of choice..."done and done", I thought!  So I threw on a hat (which was new and I had never worn...just to add to the 'different' list) and a 'jazzy' outfit (for me, just means I wore more accessories or not a tank-top and shorts).  We headed to Starbucks (one which I rarely visit because the parking lot is crazy small and there isn't a drive thru.)  We went in! (nope no drive thru for us, we are eating/drinking IN!), ordered our drink and "Glop" (what we call Oatmeal) and sat a table inside and people watched!  It was so much fun!  Grant was saying "good morning" to everyone that walked in and just having a grand ol' time.  It was awesome.  Here's proof:



New hat, necklace and earrings too!!




Once we were finished we headed to the library for Storytime, which is something I typically do...but I've only gone to this particular Storytime twice before, so it was kind of something different.  It was a ton of fun too.  Not wanting naptime to ruin our day, Grant was like, 'let's go to a park!'...which again isn't really that exciting, however I found a park we had never been too and played there for an hourish.  While there I decided my next activity...BINGO!!!

So less than a block from my house there is a Jewish Synagogue (which I am pretty sure is just a gambling hall, as the only time I see cars in the parking lot is on BINGO night...) that holds BINGO every Wednesday night as a fundraiser.  And I see the sign everyday and think, 'I bet that would be fun'...and while at the park it hit me..."it's WEDNESDAY, time for BINGO baby"!!  So I called one of my sisters, who I knew would be all about BINGO and invited her to join me.  Then arranged babysitting for Grant...because BINGO starts at 6pm and Eric wasn't getting home until after that, so needed someone to watch G until he got home.

After the park we went home had a quick lunch then put Grant to bed.  I worked out and while I was working out got a call from Golds Gym (Eric had gone into the gym a few days earlier to see what deals they were offering and while he was there saw they were offering toddler gymnastics for $50 so I called to get more details).  I called them back and spoke with the childcare manager and she was about to sign Grant up, but then I was like...'but we are not members...is that okay?' and she was like...'well, I'll have to charge you $20 more, why don't you just become a member?  We are runnning a special right now...and childcare is awesome we do crafts and play games...' then she quoted me a price that was like $10-$20 better than what Eric was quoted a few days before...so with all that I was sold!  So while we were BINGO'ing, Eric went to the gym and got us memberships, just to add to the "free day" list!!!

Leap Day 2012:
Got dressed with new hat and accessories (better than the usual tank-top and shorts)
Sat at Starbucks and enjoyed breakfast (free breakfast at that!)
Went to storytime
Played "park"
Played BINGO
Got a gym membership!!

My Leap Day was a great day!  Can't wait until the next one!

PS:  BINGO cost like $40 bucks and was the most intense and brain challenging thing I have done in a really really long time!  Have know idea how those little old lady's do it!!

PS again:  I also wished Heath a 'happy anniversary'...which was probably a first too ; )  Embarassing my husband, I also wished everyone that looked at me a "happy leap day"...some thought I was nuts and others smiled and wished it back...it was awesome!

PS Last time:  Seriously, do I have the best life or what!?!?!

No comments: