Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Fun in the Sun!!

Full of swimming and sand!!

Grant and I have been having a blast this summer, one of his favorite things to do is go to the beach!  He loves playing in his sandbox at home...and the beach is like a never ending sandbox...plus a place to go swimming too!!

When we go he typically wears his yellow life vest...for two reasons: 
1.  Yellow stands out, if it's a busy day and I loose track of him for an instance, a bright yellow blur is super easy to spot...and
2.  He loves the water and will make a run for it!  And I want to make sure he's got something to hold him up a bit, just in case a wave beats me to him ; )  (Which has happened...he was playing in the water ankle deep (and I was giving him his space (and giving myself a heart attack) and he just wandered a bit to far and at the sametime the tide moved in, and bam! the end of a wave knocked him down.  He caught himself with his hands and knees (water was only up to his thighs), steadied himself and stood up....and walked toward the beach (or me, as I was running full sprint towards him).    

Grant loves the feeling of the tide rushing back into the ocean, on his feet/legs.   He stands in ankle deep water and just waits for the water to come crashing on him...then smiles with anticipation when the water pulls at his legs he is amazed by it...and also because of his 'dare-devil' personality, I think he likes the adreniline rush it gives him...heaven help us!  (Note to self:  Get better health insurance!  LOL!)

This picture is my "where's waldo" picture...his hat and shorts are the color of the sand and his body is covered in it (thanks to a the thick layer of sunscreen)...

 Two tired babies...only at the end of the day will they both lay down in the sand...just in time to get cleaned up!  ; )



How's that taste Grant?
Around this time of the day...when Grant is nice and sandy we get a ton of looks and comments.  Many from other Mom's with boys..."Oh he is so cute, just like my little boy, who's now not a little boy anymore, see that's him surfing over there..." or "Don't you just love little boys, they run around with all that sand on their face and don't even care!"...Yes, I love little boys!  Though I must say I know a few other little girls that sure like to get dirty too!  ; )

So sad that school has started...but I guess there is always Saturdays!!  ; )

No comments: